Transfers from Malaga Airport to Nerja
Book a low-cost taxi transfer with Solhop.com, Nerja's highest-rated transfer company, and have a smart, super-clean vehicle and careful driver waiting for you at Malaga Airport.
- Quite simply, we believe we're not only the most reliable transfer company, but we also use the best cars. However, don't just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews. They really do rave about us.
- We've been operating transfers from our base here in Nerja for over 10 years. But the difference between us and the rest is that we use smart & new Mercedes E Class and V Class vehicles. And at a very low price. In fact, you pay less for our superb service than you would for a standard taxi at Malaga Airport's taxi rank (more than €10 less in fact!)
- We don't like to call ourselves cheap - we prefer the term "low-cost"... as all of our transfers are "high-class". All of our transfers are also private. So you won't be sharing the vehicle with anyone else but the driver!
- We don't resell transfers to Nerja, as do many broad-reach online transfer agencies you will find with a Google search. We are local and look after every bit of the transfer process, treating our clients like royalty. We want you to fall in love with Nerja and come back again and again. And, of course, we would like you to always travel with us.
Pay on arrival, after your transfer to Nerja
When you book with Solhop, you don't need to pay anything in advance. Just pay your driver when you arrive in Nerja, with cash or a credit card.
Don't waste your time queuing at the airport
Instead of having to wait around in queues for car rental or at the taxi rank, your driver will be waiting for you as you exit Malaga Airport arrivals. He will be holding a sign with your name printed on it (often our drivers use iPads). Your transfer taxi vehicle will be just a stone's throw away, for your convenience.
What type of vehicle can I get for my transfer to Nerja?
We have many different vehicle types to get you from Malaga Airport to Nerja. Most of our cars based in Nerja are Mercedes V Class minivans. They carry up to 7 passengers, depending on the model. And there is also plenty of space for large pieces of luggage.
So, if you have a family of 5 with 3 or 4 large cases, a pram, as well as hand luggage, one of our Mercedes V Class minivans is ideal for your shuttle to Nerja. They are fully equipped with climate control and all the extras, and high touchpoints of the car are regularly cleaned each day.
We also have larger minibusses with up to 55 seats, again fully air-conditioned and very comfortable.
Will the driver know how to get to our private accommodation in Nerja?
Some of our clients rent properties in places that are difficult to find. However, Solhop's drivers have a very good knowledge of the Nerja area. Most of them live in Nerja themselves and therefore know the town really well. You can be sure that they will get you straight to your accommodation without a wrong turn!
How much is a taxi transfer from Malaga Airport to Nerja?
A taxi transfer from Malaga Airport to Nerja for up to four passengers is around €69, all-inclusive. A seven-passenger minivan transfer is about €90 and a minibus transfer for up to 19 passengers is €129. If you need a bigger bus, just email us for a price.
How far is it from Malaga Airport to Nerja?
Nerja is located on the eastern edge of the Costa del Sol, 68.7 km from Malaga Airport. It takes around 45 minutes to drive from Malaga Airport to Nerja via the A-7 toll-free motorway.
What is the drive from Malaga Airport to Nerja like?
The drive from Malaga Airport to Nerja is very straightforward. As soon as you come out of the airport on the N348 you merge onto the MA-21 dual carriageway that runs through Malaga's industrial zone. This can be a little bit busy, especially during peak hours. After 10 km, you merge onto the A-7 motorway, taking you out of Malaga towards the east.
The rest of the transfer is on the A-7 motorway, bypassing some important towns on the eastern Costa del Sol, including Rincon de la Victoria, Velez Malaga and Torrox. As you get closer to Nerja, the roads become less busy. The final 24 km, from Velez Malaga to Nerja, is a very quiet and pretty stretch of motorway, where you get some great views of the coastline and the mountains. The whole journey is toll-free, as of January 2022.
What is the best way to enter Nerja from the A-7 motorway?
There are two different turn-offs on the A-7 to get into Nerja. The first, on the western side of Nerja, is junction 292, signposted "Nerja N340a Costa". This will give quicker access to hotels on the western side of Nerja like Marinas de Nerja, the Hotel Riu Monica, and Hotel Perla Marina.
The second turn-off to Nerja is on the eastern side, at junction 295, signposted "Nerja - Maro". It's the prettier way to enter Nerja, so you may want to ask your transfer driver to enter this way. You go through some very nice countryside and get a glimpse of the gorgeous village of Maro, the old Larios Sugar Factory, and the Aguila (Eagle) Aqueduct.
Hotels on this eastern side of Nerja include the Hotel Nerja Club, Hotel Los Arcos, the Parador of Nerja and the Villa Flamenca. If you do fall in love with Nerja, as so many holidaymakers do, you'll be glad you came in this way!
Transfers from Malaga Cruise Port
Can I get a taxi transfer from Malaga Cruise Port to Nerja?
Yes, you can book a taxi transfer from Malaga Cruise Port to Nerja and one of our drivers with a beautiful new model car will meet you at your ship. Often, people book with us for a quick tour of Nerja in one day. We pick them up at the Malaga Cruise Port in the morning and take them back from Nerja that same evening. A whirlwind tour of Nerja! The cost of a one-way transfer from Malaga Cruise Port to Nerja is €66 for a car and €89 for a minivan.
Transfers from Granada Airport
How much is a taxi transfer from Granada Airport to Nerja?
A taxi transfer from Granada Airport to Nerja for up to four passengers is €119, all-inclusive. A minivan transfer is €149. The cost of a minibus is €179.
How far is it from Granada Airport to Nerja?
Nerja is 102 kilometres from Granada Airport. The journey via the A-44 and A-7 takes about 1 hr 10 minutes.
Which airport is best to get to Nerja? Malaga or Granada?
Most people coming to Nerja fly into Malaga Airport. Granada Airport also receives international flights, but far fewer. Flights are generally a little cheaper to Malaga, and there are many more options. It's also a little closer to Nerja. Malaga Airport is a 45-minute drive to Nerja. Granada Airport is a 1 hr 10-minute drive. So if you book a transfer to Nerja, it's a good bit cheaper from Malaga Airport.
Transfers for day trips from Nerja
Can I book a transfer from Nerja to other places, for day trips?
Yes, you can. Below are some great places to visit for a day trip from Nerja.
- Granada City - 1 hr 3 min (94 km)
- Gibraltar - 2 hr 12 min (193 km)
- Marbella - 1 hr 18 min (118 km)
- Estepona - 1 hr 33 min (147 km)
- Malaga City - 43 min (57 km)
- Seville - 2 hr 39 min (257 km)
- Cordoba - 2 hr 11 min (210 km)
- Almuñecar - 23 min (22 km)
What price is a taxi transfer from Nerja to Gibraltar?
A taxi transfer from Nerja to Gibraltar for up to four passengers is €189, all-inclusive. A seven-passenger minivan transfer is €240.
What price is a taxi transfer from Nerja to Marbella?
A taxi transfer from Nerja to Marbella for up to four passengers is €130, all-inclusive. A seven-passenger minivan transfer is €159.
What are some local places to visit near Nerja?
What is the nearest Golf course to Nerja?
The nearest golf course to Nerja is Baviera Golf, near Caleta de Velez, which is 24 km away and a 25-minute drive via the A-7. A Taxi transfer for 4 passengers will cost around €35.
Are there alternative transfer options from Malaga Airport to Nerja?
Options for transfers from Malaga Airport to Nerja are fairly limited:
- There is no train service from Malaga Airport to Nerja.
- There is no direct bus service from Malaga Airport to Nerja and the connections are a little infrequent. To get to Nerja by bus, you will first need to get from the airport to Malaga city. From there, you can take a bus to Nerja. There are 7 stops in towns along the coast, taking around 90 minutes. The cost is between €3 and €9 per person for the 57 km trip as of 2022. Although more expensive, it is a lot easier and quicker (40 - 45 minutes) to get a taxi transfer to Nerja and have a driver waiting for you at the airport.
- Car rental might be a good idea if you are planning on doing a lot of travelling around, visiting other locations in Andalucia. On the other hand, if, like most, you want to stay in and around Nerja, relax by the pool or on the beach and enjoy an evening in the town, a hire car might become a bit of a burden. Finding a parking space in Nerja can be difficult and can also work out to be rather expensive. A taxi transfer to Nerja might be a much better and cheaper option. As you won’t have to mess about with shuttles and car rental contracts, you will get out of the airport and into Nerja more quickly and without the fuss.
How much are local municipal Nerja cabs?
You can call the local Nerja cab service on 95 252 0537 and get a taxi from your accommodation in Nerja to the town centre or the beach. There are 32 municipal taxis in Nerja. Cabs are metered and as of January 2022 they cost €1,68 per km during the daytime and €1,94 per km at night, on Sundays, and on festival days. Nerja cab drivers are quite proud of their vehicles, so you will find that that they are generally kept very clean and in tip-top condition.