Transfers from Malaga Airport to Marbella
Booking a taxi transfer from Malaga Airport to Marbella with Solhop makes a lot of sense. We originated in Marbella and have been serving the area for over 10 years. People have come to rely on us for rock-solid reliability and punctuality. Get your holiday in Marbella off to a great start with a transfer by Solhop. Check out why so many people become our regular clients by reading their reviews.
What transfer options are available to Marbella?
Most tourists holidaying in Marbella travel from Malaga Airport either by taxi or hire car. There is no train to Marbella. Avanza operates a direct bus service that takes you from the airport to Marbella Bus Station. The service runs approximately every hour until 21:35. It takes 45 minutes and costs around €7 per person.
Is it best to book a transfer to Marbella or rent a car?
Both options have their benefits, depending on what you want to do while on holiday.
- Transfer: A transfer to Marbella is the simplest and possibly the cheapest option. Just pre-book using the online form at the top of this page. No need to pay anything in advance - you can pay the driver the way you prefer, in cash or with your credit card. When you arrive at Malaga airport your driver will already be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it and get you directly to your accommodation. Simple!
- Car rental: Renting a car is a little more complicated. Shuttle from the airport to your car rental company HQ. Filling in contracts and making payment deposits. Possibly queuing. But you have a car for the rest of your holiday. That can be a blessing or a burden, as car parking in and around Marbella isn't easy.
What is cheaper? Airport Transfer or Car Rental?
A transfer to Marbella for up to 4 passengers starts from €69, depending on the type of car you want. That's €138 for a roundtrip. The cost of renting a car depends on how many days you need it. A 1-week car rental at Malaga Airport in the summer season for a Ford Fiesta costs around €200 plus insurance and any extras. For 2 weeks you can almost double that.
Will we fit in the car with all of our luggage?
We have all types of vehicles to suit your needs. Large cars for up to four passengers with plenty of room for luggage. Mercedes V class minivans for families and groups of up to eight passengers and room for all your luggage.
What is the cost of a transfer from Malaga Airport to Marbella?
A taxi transfer from Malaga Airport to Marbella or its vicinity depends on vehicle size:
- An economy taxi for four passengers costs €69, all-inclusive with luggage. A premium transfer vehicle (Mercedes E Class) costs €75.
- For larger groups, an economy minivan for up to six passengers costs €89 and a premium minivan for up to seven passengers (Mercedes V Class) costs €95.
- For very large groups a minibus for up to 22 passengers costs around €184 all-inclusive with luggage.
Keep in mind that if you travel via the AP-7 toll road, you will be liable to pay the toll. The cost of the toll from Malaga Airport to Marbella is €7.50 in the peak months and €4.60 in the low months.
How far is it from Malaga Airport to Marbella?
It is 50 km from Malaga Airport to Marbella via the AP-7 toll road and takes around 35 minutes in a transfer vehicle. If you take the A-7 non-toll coastal road it takes around 10 minutes longer.
What are some nice places for day trips from Marbella?
You can take a transfer from Marbella to many nice places including
How much is a transfer from Marbella to Ronda?
A taxi transfer from Marbella to Ronda costs €125 for four passengers or €156 for seven passengers. It takes around 45 minutes to travel the 63 km.
What is the price of a transfer from Marbella to Gibraltar?
A taxi transfer from Marbella to Gibraltar costs €105 for up to four passengers or €146 for seven passengers. It takes around 1 hour to travel the 78 km via the AP-7.
What is the cost of a transfer from Marbella to Seville?
A taxi transfer from Marbella to Seville costs €258 for four passengers or €362 for seven passengers. It takes around 3 hours to travel the 259 km via the A-7 and A-92 motorways.
Can I get a transfer from my accommodation in Marbella to a nearby golf course?
Yes, you can. Below are some approximate costs of transfers for 4 passengers from Marbella to golf courses along the coast:
- La Quinta Golf and Country Club - €35
- Los Naranjos - €30
- Aloha Golf - €25
- Torrequebrada - €48
- La Cala Golf - €45
- Finca Cortesin - €50
- Mijas Golf - €40
How much is a taxi transfer to locations nearby to Marbella?
Below are some prices of transfers to locations near Marbella:
- Marbella to Puerto Banus - €15
- Marbella to Estepona - €60
- Marbella to San Pedro - €23
- Marbella to Mijas - €60
- Marbella to Nerja - €149
- Marbella to Sotogrande - €80
How much is a taxi from Marbella town to the Cañada shopping centre outside Marbella?
You can get a taxi to take you from your hotel in Marbella to the Cañada shopping centre outside of Marbella. It's about a 10-minute drive from Marbella town centre and costs around €8. There are over 100 shops and it opens almost every day of the year including holidays.
"Absolutely cannot fault Solhop Taxis. All arrangements confirmed by text and email, the taxi was spot on time and the price was as quoted. 10/10."
Google review by Trevor Bawden, December 2022