Madrid Airport Transfers
Madrid is so much more than the capital of Spain! Madrid is...
- The largest city in Spain and the second-largest city in the European Union with a population of 3.2 million.
- The second highest capital city in Europe with an elevation of 667 metres above sea level.
- Home to some of the best museums in the world.
- Home to one of the most successful football clubs in the world.
- One of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe with over 6 million visitors every year.
When visiting such an outstanding city, you will want to make sure that you start your holiday as you mean to go on: with an outstanding Solhop airport transfer from Madrid-Barajas Airport to your holiday accommodation.
"Excellent service. Both drivers were on time and very helpful and courteous. Booking was easy and we were able to pay on arrival. I would definitely use Solhop again."
Google review by Christine Jones, March 2023
What is so outstanding about a Madrid airport transfer with Solhop?
In short: everything! We offer modern and luxurious vehicles at an affordable price, our name is synonymous with punctuality and reliability, and our customer service is second to none.
- Our fleet consists of superior, new model cars, such as Mercedes or Audi, complete with a classy driver.
- Our vehicles are kept in pristine condition and all the touchpoints are cleaned before each transfer.
- A pre-booked Madrid airport transfer with Solhop is generally cheaper than the fare for a standard taxi from the Madrid Airport taxi rank.
- What's more, your transfer price is already fixed when you make your booking, so there is no need to negotiate with the driver.
Our payment and cancellation policy:
- Booking an airport transfer with Solhop doesn't cost you a penny, as no pre-payment is required. You simply pay your driver - with cash or card - once you arrive at your destination.
- On top of that, you can change or cancel your booking at any time, completely free of charge.
- At Solhop, we only carry out private transfers - this means that your vehicle is reserved solely for you and the people you are travelling with.
- On the day of your arrival, your driver will be monitoring your flight and will be waiting for you at Madrid Airport at the right time, even if your flight is delayed.
- Your booked transfer vehicle will be parked close by and your driver will take you to your holiday destination without further formalities.
- If you have booked a return transfer with us, you will be collected from your holiday accommodation right on time and taken directly to the departures area at Madrid Airport, ready for your flight home.
- We keep you informed about the process from the moment we receive your booking right until the moment we drop you back at the airport on your way home.
- Immediately after we have received your booking request, we will send you an email with a reference number. Soon after this, once we have checked your details, we will send you another email with a booking confirmation.
- Around 48 hours before your booked transfer, we will send you a reminder email and a text message to your mobile number, with the phone number of your allocated driver.
- If you have booked a return transfer with us, we will send you a text message around 24 hours before your driver is due to pick you up, to confirm all the details once more.
- At Solhop, we have been operating airport transfers for more than 10 years and, during this time, we have been able to gain an enormous amount of invaluable experience.
- We are based in Spain and specialise in the Spanish market, and all our transfer partners are personally vetted by us.
- Therefore, we can make absolutely sure that your transfer runs smoothly, and we pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service.
- Over the years, we have managed to build an excellent reputation for reliability and punctuality.
- Our customers will vouch for this - do take a look at our reviews on TripAdvisor!
As one of our customers recently summed us up, we are the "perfect way to transfer".
"The transfer was just perfect, the driver was very kind, he even followed our delayed flight and was waiting for us in time of our late arrival. Proper and clean vehicle, perfect timing of pick-up. I would definitely use this company again and I highly recommend them!" Uszikak, September 2022
What is the cost of a taxi transfer from Madrid Airport to Madrid City?
A transfer from Madrid Airport to Madrid City costs €55 for up to 4 passengers. A minivan transfer for 7 passengers costs €79. A minibus transfer for up to 16 people is €151.
How far is it from Madrid Airport to Madrid City?
There are several different ways of getting from Madrid Airport to Madrid City and the route your driver takes will depend on the traffic conditions at the time. The shortest route is around 19 kilometres, going along the M-40, a 3-lane motorway. The drive will generally take you just under half an hour. The first part of the journey is fairly unremarkable, however, there will be a lot more to see as soon as you reach the outskirts of Madrid and get closer to the city centre.
What is the cost of a taxi transfer from Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares?
A transfer from Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares costs €68 for up to 4 passengers. A minivan transfer for 7 passengers costs €75. Larger groups can book a private minibus for €165. The drive takes around 30 minutes (28.1 km) along the A-2.
What is the cost of a taxi transfer from Madrid Airport to Toledo?
A transfer from Madrid Airport to Toledo costs €144 for up to 4 passengers. A minivan transfer for 7 passengers costs €163. Groups of up to 16 passengers can book a private minibus for €272. The drive takes around one hour (85.7 km) along the A-42.
"Great, reliable and super comfortable. Have used their service countless times and always have a great experience. Always trustworthy and so easy to book online. Flawless travel experience and would highly recommend to anyone."
Google review by Siobhan, March 2023
Museums, museums, museums!
If you like visiting museums, you will love Madrid! But even if museums are not normally your thing, in Madrid you might well find one that interests you. Most likely you will have heard of the world-famous Prado which exhibits works by Goya, Velazquez, El Greco, and many other Spanish masters. Then there is, of course, the Reina Sofia with its extensive collection of contemporary and modern art. But there are also some less traditional museums, for example, the Museum of Illusions, where you can admire an abundance of optical illusions and eye-tricking installations, or the Ikono, an experiential art gallery, where you can immerse yourself in the colours, textures, and smells of the exhibits!
You may well have heard of Retiro Park, which can be found right in the heart of the city. It covers an impressive 125 hectares and is home to more than 15,000 trees. However, you may not be aware that Madrid is actually one of the greenest cities in the world, with 6400 hectares of green space and 300,000 trees in total! Madrid boasts more trees per inhabitant than any other city in Europe.
Best experience with Solhop in Madrid! Easy to book via e-mail also in the short term, nice clean van, reasonable prices.
tracy i (GR)
SolHoP provides great service. When we arrived, the driver waited for us even if we were late. And when we drove back to airport, the driver arrived on time. The customer service responses through email were also very quick and they answered all my questions promptly and thoroughly. We will use this service again when we return.
Davide V (GR)
Great service and reservation follow up to go from city center to Malaga airport Driver in perfect time and very kind!
We were 5 people (inc. 3 kids) traveling from the center of Madrid to the Madrid airport. Given we had an early morning flight back to the U.S., we booked this taxi transfer. Booking was easy. The driver was very professional, on time, and the vehicle was very comfortable. I am glad we chose this service for an easy transfer at the beginning of a long journey home.
The driver was really professional and I was delayed due to luggage issues so I called him and he waited patiently for me. The car provided was an upgrade and a nice surprise and the ride back was smooth. Nice welcome and fluent in english
We were 5 people travelling from our hotel in Granda to a hotel in Malaga. The booking process and journey were both very comfortable. The vehicle was on time and the driver was very professional and courteous. The 7 seater van was also of luxury class ( Mercedes).