Transfers from Lisbon Airport
Lisbon is Portugal's capital as well as its largest city, which is beautifully situated on the Atlantic coast and on the river Tagus. This charming city has so much to offer that you will be spoilt for choice. There is plenty of sightseeing to do, numerous fantastic museums to visit, two world heritage sites to explore, some lovely beaches to relax on,...not to forget about the great shopping and dining. In short, there is a lot to look forward to and you will definitely not get bored during your stay in Lisbon.
However, first, you will need to get there, and in recent times, air travel has had its own challenges. You will most likely be relieved and probably a little tired when you arrive at Lisbon Airport. Chances are, that you will be faced with an endless queue at the taxi rank - not really what you need after the stresses and strains of air travel! And, when you finally reach the front of the queue, you realise that you will need two taxis for your group of five people and that there is no child seat available for your little one...!
Luckily, when you book a transfer with Solhop, you don't need to worry about any of this. Instead, you will get VIP treatment with an airport transfer tailored to your needs.
So, how does a Solhop airport transfer work?
- You can book your transfer quickly and easily via the search box at the top of this page.
- The booking is very flexible and can be amended easily and free of charge, should your flight date or arrival time change.
- You can choose the size of vehicle that best suits your needs in terms of passenger numbers and luggage.
- You also have the option of booking a child seat or other extras.
- We will inform you of the price of your transfer, but we will not ask for prepayment or card details.
- When you get to Lisbon Airport, rather than queueing at the taxi rank, you will receive a friendly welcome from your own, personal driver.
- Your transfer vehicle will be parked close by, so you won't have far to walk.
- Your driver will already be aware of your destination and will take you there quickly and safely, without further formalities or detours.
- Once you have arrived at your holiday destination, you make your payment directly to your driver.
- You can pay in cash or by card, whatever works best for you.
Frequently asked questions
What happens, if my flight is delayed?
No problem, we've got it covered! Your driver will monitor the arrival time of your flight and will be at the airport at the right time to pick you up, even if you get there later than planned.
Does a pre-booked airport transfer cost more than a taxi from the Lisbon Airport taxi rank?
No it doesn't! A Solhop airport transfer is no more expensive and can even work out cheaper than a standard airport taxi. In addition, when you book with Solhop, you already know the price of your transfer before you even start your journey. So, instead of worrying about the taximeter ticking away, you can sit back and enjoy the ride.
Can I book a return transfer?
Absolutely. You can arrange your return journey when you fill in the booking form at the top of this page. That way, you can be safe in the knowledge that we've got it all in hand and that you don't need to worry about your transfers for the rest of your holiday. Alternatively, you can book your return journey at a later date.
How long in advance do I need to book my airport transfer?
You can book your transfer whenever it suits you best. Whether several weeks in advance or at very short notice, we will be very happy to arrange your Lisbon airport transfer for you!
Can I rely on my driver being there on time?
Reliability and punctuality are our top priorities at Solhop. You can be sure that your driver will be waiting for you at the airport when you arrive and, even more importantly, that he or she will be with you in good time for your return transfer. Our customers will confirm this - do take a look at our reviews on TripAdvisor.
What happens, if I need to cancel my transfer?
In these uncertain times, you can never be absolutely sure whether everything will go to plan. However, when you book with Solhop, you don't need to worry about that. You can cancel your transfer completely free of charge right up to the last minute.
Lisbon - a place steeped in history
Did you know that Lisbon is amongst the top 30 of the world's oldest cities? In fact, Lisbon is older than Rome and is the second oldest capital city in Europe, after Athens. Archaeological finds suggest that the Phoenicians had settled in Lisbon by 1200 B.C.
Birthplace of the Calcada Portuguesa
The Calcada Portuguesa, the famous mosaic Portuguese pavements that nowadays can be found all over Portugal, originated in Lisbon. And while they are very beautiful to look at, these pavements can get slippery and treacherous when wet. Therefore, grippy footwear can be of advantage, should you be out and about in Lisbon on a rainy day.