Bilbao Airport Transfers
Bilbao is a city divided into two parts by the river Nervion. On the left-hand side of the river, you will find the industrial area with large factories manufacturing a wide variety of products, from aeronautical and railway equipment to tools and tyres. On the right side of the river are the commercial area and the historic centre. The city's two parts are linked by a total of nine bridges that span the river Nervion. Bilbao lies in a valley and is therefore affectionately known by the locals as botxo, meaning hole.
A lot of travellers arriving in Bilbao choose to take a taxi for their onward journey. But rather than queuing at the taxi rank, you might be better off with a pre-booked transfer, which has numerous advantages.
Why pre-book your Bilbao airport transfer?
To save time
Queuing at the airport's taxi rank can be time-consuming and is the last thing you want to do when you have just arrived in Bilbao! With a pre-booked transfer, your driver will already be waiting for you on your arrival at the airport, ready to take you straight to your holiday destination. And while some of your fellow passengers will still be waiting in a taxi queue, you will already be on your way to your accommodation.
To get the right-sized vehicle
A standard airport taxi is not permitted to carry more than 4 passengers - this includes babies and young children. Depending on the size of your family or group, you may therefore have to take more than one taxi, which can get very costly. When pre-booking a transfer, you have the option of selecting a larger vehicle. This will allow all of you to travel together and you won't have to pay twice!
To get good value for money
You may be surprised to hear that a pre-booked transfer does not cost you any more than a standard taxi from Bilbao Airport taxi rank. And, what's even better, with a pre-arranged transfer you tend to get a more comfortable and superior car.
To travel safely with your children
Standard airport taxis don't tend to carry a child or baby seat. With a pre-arranged transfer you have to option of selecting an appropriate seat for your children when you book, so you can be sure that your little ones will be travelling safely - just like they do at home.
To ensure peace of mind
Not knowing how much your taxi fare will be once you get there can be unsettling and doesn't make for a relaxing journey. When you book your transfer in advance, you will find out about the cost before you even complete your booking. The price is fixed, so there is no need to negotiate or worry. What's more, your driver knows exactly where you are going and will therefore not have any difficulties in finding the place.
"This is a reliable, punctual service with good communication from the off. We were met both ways by courteous, well-presented, friendly drivers in clean roomy vehicles. Well worth the money."
TripAdvisor review by NedPepper11, March 2023
Why book with Solhop?
Pre-arranging a transfer is all well and good, however, can you be absolutely sure that the transfer will be going ahead as planned? And what happens if your travel plans change - will you end up losing your money? When you book your transfer with Solhop, there is no need to worry about any of this!
- A booking with Solhop doesn't cost you a penny - no pre-payment is required and we don't even ask for your credit card details. You simply pay your driver, either in cash or by card, once you have arrived at your destination.
- You can cancel or amend your booking at any time, completely free of charge, so you can be sure that you will never be out of pocket!
- At Solhop, we have been organising airport transfers for more than 10 years and we know what we need to look out for to ensure that your journey runs smoothly from beginning to end.
- Reliability is one of our top priorities and, we, therefore, make sure to select only the most trustworthy and experienced drivers. So you can rest assured in the knowledge that your driver will be waiting for you at the right time, on your pick-up from the airport and on your return journey.
- Our fleet consists of superior, modern vehicles, so you can be sure that your journey will be comfortable and relaxing.
- Our customers rate us highly! Please also take a look at our reviews on TripAdvisor.
"As before, we found this company to be very efficient. The driver meeting us at the airport was waiting and was exactly where we were told he would be.The same driver took us back to the airport at the end of our holiday and again was in good time to collect us."
TripAdvisor review by brnotourist, March 2023
And this is how it works
- To book your Bilbao Airport transfer with Solhop, simply complete the online form at the top of this page. All you need to do is select the destination you are travelling to, the date and time of your arrival, and choose the vehicle that best suits your needs or taste.
- Straight after sending us your booking request you will receive an email with your reservation number. A few minutes later, once we have checked that all the details are correct, you will receive a confirmation email.
- In addition, around 48 hours before your transfer, you will receive a reminder email and text message on your mobile phone, containing your driver's telephone number, in case you need to contact him or her directly.
- When you arrive at Bilbao Airport, your driver will already be waiting for you. The vehicle you have chosen will be parked nearby, ready to take you straight to your holiday destination.
- Don't worry if your flight is delayed - your driver has your flight number and will be aware of any changes to your arrival time. He will be at Bilbao Airport at the right time, holding a sign with your name on it.
- For your return journey, you will get another SMS confirmation around 24 hours before your taxi transfer arrives. Don't worry, the driver will be on time and will take you directly to the departure area at Bilbao Airport!
- At the end of each journey, you pay your driver, in cash or by card.
How much is a transfer from Bilbao Airport to Bilbao City?
A transfer from Bilbao Airport to Bilbao City is € 48 for a 4-passenger Premium Saloon. A minivan for up to 6 passengers is € 59. The 13-kilometre journey via the BI-30 toll road takes around 20 minutes.
What is the cost of a taxi transfer from Bilbao Airport to San Sebastian?
A transfer from Bilbao Airport to San Sebastian costs €200 for up to 4 passengers. A minivan transfer for 7 passengers costs €255.
How far is it from Bilbao Airport to San Sebastian?
San Sebastian is 100 km from Bilbao Airport. It takes around 1 hr 15 min to drive from Bilbao Airport to San Sebastian on the AP-8 toll road.
What is the cost of a taxi transfer from Bilbao Airport to Santander?
A taxi transfer from Bilbao Airport to Santander costs €188 in a Premium Saloon for up to 4 passengers. A Premium Minivan for 7 people is €225.
How long does it take to get from Bilbao Airport to Santander?
From Bilbao Airport you will travel west along the A-8. The journey time for the 108 kilometres to Santander is around 1 hour and 15 minutes.
How much is a taxi transfer from Bilbao Airport to Burgos?
A taxi transfer from Bilbao Airport to Burgos is €317 in a Premium Saloon for up to 4 people. A Premium Minivan for a maximum of 7 passengers is €380.
How far is it from Bilbao Airport to Burgos?
The distance between Bilbao Airport and Burgos is 174 kilometres when taking the route along the AP-68 and AP-1. Depending on the traffic, with a pre-arranged transfer you should be able to get to Burgos in just under 2 hours.
The Guggenheim Museum is a stunning-looking building and one of the largest museums in Spain, with a large collection of exhibits by Spanish and international artists. Here, you can admire the works of Anselm Kiefer, Anish Kapoor, and Jeff Koons, to name but a few.
A visit to the Casco Viejo, or old town, with its narrow, winding streets and its beautiful old buildings in vibrant colours. Here, you will find the Catedral de Santiago de Bilbao, the churches of San Nicolas and San Anton, as well as the Plaza Nueva.
The Ribera Market - with over 10,000 square metres the largest indoor market in Europe. Explore this expansive food market, which also features bars, restaurants and live music.
A boat trip on the River Nervion. This is a fantastic way of discovering the city, as many of its main attractions can be seen alongside the river bank.
Pintxos - the Basque Country's answer to the Spanish Tapas. Pintxos are small pieces of bread with a wide variety of different toppings, like meat, cheese, seafood or vegetables. These are best sampled in one of the city's many pintxos bars.
Best experience with Solhop in Madrid! Easy to book via e-mail also in the short term, nice clean van, reasonable prices.
tracy i (GR)
SolHoP provides great service. When we arrived, the driver waited for us even if we were late. And when we drove back to airport, the driver arrived on time. The customer service responses through email were also very quick and they answered all my questions promptly and thoroughly. We will use this service again when we return.
Davide V (GR)
Great service and reservation follow up to go from city center to Malaga airport Driver in perfect time and very kind!
We were 5 people (inc. 3 kids) traveling from the center of Madrid to the Madrid airport. Given we had an early morning flight back to the U.S., we booked this taxi transfer. Booking was easy. The driver was very professional, on time, and the vehicle was very comfortable. I am glad we chose this service for an easy transfer at the beginning of a long journey home.
The driver was really professional and I was delayed due to luggage issues so I called him and he waited patiently for me. The car provided was an upgrade and a nice surprise and the ride back was smooth. Nice welcome and fluent in english
We were 5 people travelling from our hotel in Granda to a hotel in Malaga. The booking process and journey were both very comfortable. The vehicle was on time and the driver was very professional and courteous. The 7 seater van was also of luxury class ( Mercedes).